Friday, August 24, 2007

Overdrive, netlibrary and Gutenberg

Okay,

So it is not secret I'm not a fan of overdrive. They are not mac friendly. I know that they say it is an Apple problem. I don't buy that one bit. ;-) I was on a confernce call with Overdrive a few years ago and they admited to me the problem was they are co-owned by Microsoft. I think all three are very useful. I believe they got used more in my old system. I think the tech level was higher as were the commutes so folks were looking for entertainment. I have been a big supporter of gutenberg since the early days. I think I first looked at it toward the end of the 90's. I wish they were all three more user friendly. I have some difficulties with each of them and can only imagine that we loose a lot of patrons with the cumbersom directions.

Sydney

No comments: